Director of IT Infrastructure
Washington DC- Downtown
On Site at Client location
Founded in 1994, ATSG is a tech-enabled IT Services and Solution Provider that delivers Digital Innovation providing tangible business value and exceptional Client experiences through the sale and delivery of Technology Solutions as a Service (TSaaS).
Headquartered in Westchester County, NY and with offices throughout the Tri-State Area, we serve Clientele in multiple industries throughout the United States. Our service offering portfolio is comprised of main lines of business rediTech, rediCloud and rediManage. We offer these services with an array of commercial and technological choices for our Clients, ranging from traditional project-based and support services, through complete consumption-based managed services models, inclusive of Private, Public and/or Hybrid cloud-based alternatives.
ATSG is currently seeking a hands-on Director of IT to be placed at our client site in Washington DC. The Director of IT Infrastructure is accountable for the overall technical direction and support of the IT Infrastructure of the assigned Client Company.
The primary objectives of the position will be to drive quality in the Client Company technology operations and service delivery. Help the client develop a service orientation, and assist in the position and enablement of the company for growth though digital transformation.
The Director’s charter will be to ensure the smooth running of all The Client Company Technology Infrastructure and IT services. Participate and contribute in the vision, planning, design, implementation and support of all network, IT data center, data and analytics, telephony, security solutions and IT operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Oversee the 24 x 7 x always operation of the Client’s Infrastructure including: telecommunications, workstations, end user computing and support, help desk, telephony and video teleconferencing.
- Lead the vision, implementation and support of all IT infrastructure, internal/co-location/cloud data centers, networks, disaster recovery, and vendor management as it relates to; global networks, server and storage management, end user commuting/collaboration, telephony, video conferencing, and security.
- Manage client’s end user experience, across multiple services and technologies
- Motivate and lead a matrixed organization that effectively supports the business by assisting with hiring, developing and retaining highly qualified staff and partners.
- Management of ATSG’s delivery and other outsourced and third-party vendors for IT services, support and products.
- Ability to take direction from both ATSG and Client Management.
- Establish technical standards, including platforms, frameworks and roadmaps; ensure that the technical standards are communicated and used effectively throughout a service lifecycle.
- Provide leadership to ensure that the portfolio of infrastructure services is aligned with client’s transformation program, fundamentally sound. fully integrated and secure.
- Manage the expense and capital budget, ensuring that the system cost requirements are known and socialized through effective planning and communication with the stakeholders,
- Support the client in adopting new technologies.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university and 6+ years related experience in IT and IT staff management.
- Ability to motivate and lead a matrixed organization that effectively supports the business by assisting with hiring, developing and retaining highly qualified staff and partners.
- Ability to motivate others to perform above normal expectations.
- Experience working in rapid growth, dynamic, transformational organizations is a plus.
- Service Delivery management with a strong track record of superior client satisfaction.
- Proven team player w/outstanding interpersonal and communication (written and oral) skills.
- Ability to manage multiple issues at one time with exceptional follow through.
- ITIL Foundation Certifications highly desired.
- Contribute to the development of processes and procedures to better serve the client.
- Proven experience working with all levels of management, staff, clients and vendors.
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint, Project and Internet Explorer
- Desirable Experience/knowledge: Cisco WebEx, Cisco Telepresence, ConnectWise, Brightgage, LabTech, SalesForce, Political Science
Location and travel
- 100% on-site at customer location in Washington DC
- 20% travel to other client locations (NY, London) and ATSG headquarters
We offer a competitive benefits package with Med/Dental/FSA/401(k)/Gene